Friday, January 8, 2016

Camp

This year in August, Eben and I went to Black Lake Bible Camp! It was so much fun, especially since our friends, the Schocks, went too! Eben slept in a wagon, and I got to sleep in a cabin!
It took a really long time for all of our siblings to say goodbye and later they baked and sent me cookies.
This is me with my counselor, Pacasa.
This is Eben, with his counselors, Jenga and Radagast outside of their wagon.

 In my cabin, we had three Graces, so we gave them nicknames. We had ''Speed Gracer'', Thing One and Bandana. This is me in my bed. I was the first one there, so  I got first pick.

This is Eben, in his nice,''warm'' wagon.

Camp was awesome! Every meal we had to line up and compete in silly contests, or answer questions to go get our food! Every day after breakfast, we also had ''cabin clean up''. I think it kind of just made our cabins and wagons ( and some tepees) look messy.  Along with that, every night, we had fireside, where we all sit around a big campfire and sing silly songs like '' I like Bananas'' and '' The Milk Song''. Then we read verses from the Bible and roasted marshmallows. I really enjoyed it. One night, after lights out at 10:00, all of the girl's cabins snuck out and had a silent midnight pool party! Another one of my favorite places was the camp store. Our assistant counselor, Gibson, worked there. I loved camp and hope we go back next year.

1 comment:

  1. Kivi Wivi,
    I have so many wonderful, fun memories of summer camp. I'm so glad you got to go and so glad you had such a great time. I don't think I've ever heard the "I Like Bananas" song or "The Milk Song". You'll have to sing them for me. I'd like that and I love you sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!
    Love,
    Nonnie

    ReplyDelete