Monday, July 11, 2016

Basket of Presents

Every time Nonnie and Poppie come,
They bring a present that's usually gum.
For Opal, that is, but for Berg something dandy-
A medium bag of sweet cotton candy!
For Kivi and Jasper, some animal crackers -
No wait, those are Tuff's, Jasper and I get some whoppers!
While Eben gets balloons, to fill up with water,
Pella gets a rake, Dada's cute little daughter.
Before we accept these gifts of small size,
We must dance a dance made by Larry LaPrise.
We call it basket of presents,
For the best of grandparents,
Put it all in a giant basket.

2 comments:

  1. Kivi Wivi,
    I think that getting silly, little gifts and wrapping them up for you kids for Basket of Presents is as much fun for me as it is for you all. Who knew that it would become such a production complete with the Hokey Pokey dance? I hope that one day when your kids ask you to tell them stories about the olden days that you will share this sweet memory with them with a big smile on your face. I love you sooooooooooooooooooooo much!
    Love,
    Nonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kivi
    Among many talents, I see you also write poetry. I'm so glad to read one of your poems. I am a friend of your Nonnie and she has told me many nice things about. Love, Mrs. Laurie

    ReplyDelete